At McLennan we offer all our clients a robust Principal Designer service to ensure full compliance with the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015 whenever the project will involve more than one contractor.
This service is additional and complimentary to our architectural role and relates to the planning and management of health and safety during the design period and some duties thereafter when the Principal Contractor takes over responsibility for the Health and Safety of the construction phase. As your Architect and Principal Designer we are uniquely placed in position to have control over the design and planning stage of the client’s project and this will benefit you in ensuring that health and safety matters are embedded into every aspect and stage of the design process which should ultimately lead to safer construction and safer buildings.
As Principal Designer, when appointed by you, we will plan, manage, monitor and coordinate the health and safety aspects of the pre-construction phase of the project. This will include:
- Ensuring client is aware of his/her duties under CDM 2015
- Identifying, eliminating, and controlling foreseeable risks
- Ensuring designers carry out their duties
- Assist the client in preparing and providing relevant pre-construction information to other duty holders
- Liaising with the principal contractor to assist in the planning, management, monitoring and co-ordination of the construction phase.
- Prepare the Health and Safety File
McLennan take health and safety extremely seriously and will always look to promote positive health and safety behaviours, cultures and approaches throughout the project design and construction phases to secure the health and safety of all those affected by the design.